Today we have released HadoopOffice v1.1.0 with major enhancements:
- Based on the latest Apache POI 3.17
- Apache Hive: Query Excel files and write tables to Excel files using the Hive Serde
- Apache Flink support for Flink Table API and Flink DataSource/DataSink
- Signing and verification of signatures of Excel files
- Example to use the HadoopOffice library for writing files using Spark 1.x
- Provided universal converter from Excel cell content to basic data types and vice versa
- Improved support to read the „header“ line (=first row) of an Excel from the first sheet or all sheets. Added options to skip the first n rows of the first sheet or of all sheets.
- Secure storage of credentials using keystores
- Migrated to Junit5
- Improvements related to memory in low footprint mode
Of course the usual features of the HadoopOffice library are still supported, such as Spark2 datasource/datasink support, encryption, linked workbooks, templates, low footprint mode etc.
This activity is part on the delivery of the overall HadoopOffice vision.